Sunday, April 20, 2008

Babycenter Says...

"Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same."

Well, not this kid. I swear, the past two days he's been flipping around back and forth. I was starting to get worried that he was upside down and with my luck I'll end up needing a c-section. I'm sitting here typing and it feels like he's kick boxing and doing somersaults in there. Babycenter, I don't believe you.

5 comments:

Angelique said...

I did not ever believe them either!

I have big babies- my twins were 5.3 and 5.6 when they were at 8 months being born- my girls were 8 pounds plus each.

SO----depending on the mother and the child----i think they should shove their advice or create a panel of advice for different circumstances and situations! We are all so different!

I am so excited for you- 4 weeks and just a little bit left!!!

I like your choice of names for your kids! The two names will be great together!

Kim said...

Same here, this one is still a gong show. Hence why it's freaking 3:45am and I'm sitting here writing this..... UGH!

Stephanie said...

I always doubt what they say about the baby's weight myself. My baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead and my stomach is HUGE. A melon? Right.

You are almost in the home stretch! That is so exciting.

jane said...

Gotta love when you get to the point that it feels like you are walking around with his head between your legs. They get so strong at the end too, those kicks take your breath away!

jessica said...

ouch.