Monday, October 29, 2007

Survey:

Got this from Kim's blog!

Survey about your First Born-

1. Were you married at the time? yes.
2. What were your reactions? Excited, cautious, nervous, thankful.
3. How old were you? 24
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I had just been feeling "off"... craved KFC like I had to have it or die, felt a little nauseus that weekend when we were camping. I took a test at like 11pm and about freaked out. (its all documented here)
5. Who did you tell first? Ryan. He was sleeping, so I ran in and woke him up. Then I called Jessica at like 11:30 at night.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Of course! I am impatient.
7. Did you deliver early or late? 9 days early
8. Did you have morning sickness? Yeah. Nausea during the day, and I threw up most evenings until 10 or 11 weeks or so.
9. What did you crave? Oranges, chocolate pudding, KFC (in the beginning), uhm....
10. Who irritated you the most? My husband, definitely. Same with this pregnancy.
11. What was your first child's sex? Boy
12. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 41 or 46lbs
13. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Just my hips... I had some "sacroiliac joint dysfunction"... basically I walked like an old granny for a few months because my hip joint hurt so bad.
14. Where did you give birth? Foote
15. How many hours were you in labor? I think total it was like 14 hours. I started having contractions at 1am at home. I just thought I was cramping or it was braxton hicks. At 8:45am I went in for my appt and I was dilated to 4cm. They broke my water at 10ish, I think I got an epidural at 12:30, started pushing at 3:30, and Porter was born around 5:30. (story here)
16. Who drove you to the hospital? I did. HAHA! I went in for my 38 week appt and I was already 4cm dilated, so they sent me to L&D.
17. Who watched? Ryan, my Aunt Dawn, Cathy (Ry's mom), Dr. Pastoriza and the nurse (well, she like to hang back in her rocking chair... yeah...some nurse!)
18. Was it natural or c-section? Natural with epidural
19. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? I had an epidural
20. How much did your child weigh? 6lbs 12oz
21. Did your child have any complications? No, thank God.
22. What did you name him/her? Porter Evan
23. How old is your first born today? 20 months

1 comment:

Finders Fee said...

1. Were you married at the time? Yes.
2. What were your reactions?
I was grateful since it had taken a while to become pregnant.
3. How old were you?
22
4. How did you find out you were pregnant?
I was getting sick and after about 3wks of feeling like crap I took a test. I ended up taking 7 to make sure!!
5. Who did you tell first?
Husband.
6. Did you want to find out the sex?
Yes, I don't like surprises.
7. Did you deliver early or late? Right on my due date!!
8. Did you have morning sickness? Yes, but mostly at night.
9. What did you crave?
Chef Boyardee and Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough.
10. Who irritated you the most?
My husband and mother.
11. What was your first child's sex?
Boy
12. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
Less than 10. (I lose weight during pregnancy.)
13. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Yes, I was having preterm labor because of Gall Bladder attacks. They removed it a month after my son was born.
14. Where did you give birth?
Riverside
15. How many hours were you in labor?
I was leaking from about Midnight on and went in about 6am where I got hooked up to Pitocin. Around 4pm I was able to
16. Who drove you to the hospital?
My husband.
17. Who watched?
My husband, Mother, Sister, Yaya, about 4 nurses, my Doctor and 7 other people!! (It was a teaching hospital.)
18. Was it natural or c-section?
I was allowed to push twice and then had to be rushed in for a C-Section.
19. Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
Not at all.
20. How much did your child weigh?
8lbs, 8oz.
21. Did your child have any complications?
No, thank God.
22. What did you name him/her? Austin William
23. How old is your first born today?
10 1/2yrs old.