See, becoming a mom... these types of things tend to strip your modesty down to the bone.
- Had a casual conversation with a nurse. As she inserted and held a catheter in me. Draining my bladder. For what seemed like an eternity (seriously.. it was like 5 minutes!)
- Laid spread eagle on a bed with medical staff and family members in full view, as I grunted and groaned and pushed out all sorts of bodily fluids.
- Had a doctor shoving his arm up in my uterus to retrieve any 'left behind' pieces of placenta that caused unstoppable bleeding
- Had a lactation consultant groping my breasts and nipples, attempting to get Porter to latch on
- Had nurses visit my room, ask to check my stitches- yes, THOSE stitches- and monitor "swelling and bleeding."