Monday, November 5, 2007

The Name Game

I was surprised that we've made it nearly 11 weeks and Ryan and I have not so much as mentioned baby names. When I was pregnant with Porter, we discussed it all the time. By the time we had our "big" ultrasound, we were pretty set on two names: Porter (no middle name) and Ava Rylee. Ava (while I still love it) is just way too popular, so it won't be making the cut this time.

I thought I'd do a little post with some names *I* like (which, of course, Ryan doesn't really care for any of the girl names I like).

Boys:
  • Hudson Cole (This was #2 on our list for Porter, so we're pretty sure we love it this time)
  • Pierce
  • Declan (Deck-lin)

Girls: The harder list. The "pretty" names are all so popular. I don't want popular.
  • Brynn (but is Brynn Barczak too many "b" sounds??)
  • Ruby
  • Scarlett
  • Stella
  • Mira (Meer-a)
  • Selah Brooke (See-la, and one of my favs)
  • Charlotte
  • Ellery
  • Rowan
  • Kendall
  • Molly
Hmm... I guess that's all I can think of for now. Anyone have any other suggestons? Anyone have any they think sound best with Porter Evan?

8 comments:

Denise said...

I love, love, love Hudson Cole! It sounds sooo good with Porter. For a girl, I really like Brynn & I don't think it's too many "b" sounds (but then again, I named my kid Gavin Gibb). I also like Kendall & Ellery - very cute!

Kayla said...

I really love Brynn.

Amberley said...

love Kendall for a girl
love Declan for a boy.. both those names are "different" but not too out there.

Misti said...

Hudson is a great name for a boy! And as for a girl... I love Ellery & Kendall.

Elizabeth said...

I would have to agree with you that Selah Brooke is my fave out of all the ones you listed for a girl... Hudson is nice for a boy.

Katie said...

Boy: Pierce

Girls: Stella

2nd choice:
Hudson
Molly (I just put that on my list though...)lol!

Tracy said...

Hi. This is Heather's neighbor.
I like Hudson. I do know someone w/ 3 kids- Declan, Rowan, and a Scarlett.
I like Selah. I have a friend w/ a Ciela. I would love to use the name Mullani if we had a girl. Our favorite boy name is McCartney and call him Mac.
Great choices in names.
Tracy

Jen said...

I vote for Declan and Brynn. I love Rowan too but it is becoming very popular.